Super Follow Official Rules
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C., THE UNITED KINGDOM, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER ONLY
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Super Follower Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is Humanity Gives, LLC, 9450 SW Gemini Dr., PMB 98839 Beaverton, Oregon 97008-7105 (the “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and Washington, DC, the United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who are in possession of a valid Twitter account at the time of entry; however, the sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. If any winner is deemed a minor in the state or country of his/her residence, the winner will need parental consent in order enter the sweepstakes and to be awarded a prize, or the prize may be awarded to their parent/legal guardian (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of age or identity. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, or agents of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments, or issues related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to revise any and all aspects of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules at any time with or without notice to entrants.
- Entry Period: Sweepstakes begins on the following dates: 1/31/2022 at 8:00 PM EST and ends on 2/28/2022 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Entry Period”)
- Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. The Sponsor’s designated server’s clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Super Follow status. During the Entry Period, become a Super Follower of Sponsor on Twitter for $4.99/month, and retweet a post as designed by Sponsor. This method will automatically enter you into the Sweepstakes.
- Alternate Free Method. During the Entry Period, retweet a post as designated by Sponsor, AND mail an index card with your full name, address, date of birth (must be 18+), phone number, email address, & Twitter username to the following address:
9450 SW Gemini Dr
Beaverton, Oregon 97008-7105
Postcards must be postmarked during the Entry Period.
All entrants, regardless of the entry method, must have a valid and active Twitter account and must have reposted the Sponsor’s tweet to be eligible to win.
Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide all information requested. You may enter only one time, by one method or the other (not both). If you use fraudulent methods, attempt to enter multiple times, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Sweepstakes, your entry may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prize: The winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive the following prize: $100 either in cash or Bitcoin, at Winner’s option.
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to record a video of Winner accepting the prize, and to use Winner’s name, likeness, and other publicity indicia as further described in Paragraph 10 below.
No other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others is not permitted. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
If legitimately claimed, all stated prizes will be awarded, provided that Sponsor bears no responsibility to award any prize, and may cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes, in the event Sponsor’s account is suspended by Twitter.
Allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery.
If Winner chooses to receive their prize in Bitcoin:
- Winner must have the ability to receive Bitcoin, either through an Ethereum wallet the winner controls, or to a winner’s brokerage account such as Coinbase/FTX.
- Winner must provide Sponsor with Bitcoin receipt instructions.
- Transaction fees associated with the Bitcoin transfer shall be the responsibility of Winner.
- Winner must acknowledge that the price and liquidity of blockchain assets, including cryptocurrency, are extremely volatile and may be subject to large fluctuations. Winner agrees and understands that they are solely responsible for determining the nature, potential value, suitability, and appropriateness of these risks for themselves, and that Sponsor shall not give advice or recommendations regarding Bitcoin, including the suitability and appropriateness of, and tax consequences of, accepting the Prize in the form of Bitcoin.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries timely received via random drawing, which will take place on or about 2/1/22 to 3/1/22 under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Winner will be notified via Twitter or the email address provided upon entry within 30 days of the drawing. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes by the Winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will result in the Winner’s disqualification as the winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated. Winners (or winner’s parent/legal guardian if any winner is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) may also be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Release, where lawful, as conditions of receiving a prize. Failure to comply with the aforementioned conditions shall be grounds for forfeiture of a prize. In such a case, an alternate winner will be selected at random from the eligible entries.
- Special Rules For UK & Canada Residents:
- For residents of Canada: If you are a potential winner you will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by either telephone or e-mail. If you answer the skill-testing question incorrectly, as determined by us in our sole discretion, you will be disqualified and, at our discretion, an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
- For residents of the United Kingdom:
- Provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
- Any dispute arising in connection with this Sweepstakes may be heard in the courts in their place of residence (being either the courts of England and Wales, the courts of Scotland or the courts of Northern Ireland). This provision does not affect the entrant’s other statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau”. This provision shall replace paragraph 13.
- For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that English law applies, nothing in these rules shall limit or exclude either party’s liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Publicity Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that Sponsor, and anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, except where prohibited by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Nothing shall obligate Sponsor to so use or engage in any of the above.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (vi) printing errors; (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; or (viii) for claims based on publicity rights and intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” and Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, in fact or in law relating to any prize.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States of America, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United States of America having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Taxes: All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes and other tax liabilities (including income taxes), if any, and other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these rules are the sole responsibilities of the winner. Winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Entrants winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Severability. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Winners List: To request a copy of the winner’s list please contact the Sponsor at the address listed above. Requests must be sent within 4 weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, or any other social networks that are used to share the Sweepstakes. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, and not to Twitter, or any other social network.
- Force Majeure: Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, in the event that any of Sponsor’s activities or operations are affected, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic or public health crisis, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above, subject to any governmental approval that may be required, the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, and shall not be responsible or liable to any entrant or prize winner or any person claiming through such entrant or prize winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof. The Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages